8.30.2010

Pretty sure I'm happy here

Moving across the country is always a roller coaster (at least for me it is). It seems like on a daily basis I vacillate between feeling excited about the new possibilities ahead of me, to feeling lonely and confused as to why we decided to leave what we knew was comfortable.

But this weekend, I decided that I'm pretty sure I'm happy here.

The spouse and I set up my first booth (yay! hooray!) at The Big Le Boise craft fair on Saturday and I was pretty nervous. From past experience in Chicago and Minneapolis, the crafting community can be pretty competitive and somewhat petty so you never really know what you're getting yourself into. Boise, on the other hand, rocked my world.

From what I've seen with the crafting community in Boise, there is a definite sense of comraderie and encouragement and basically, it made me not feel like an idiot on Saturday.

All that said, the day went well despite insane winds and less browsers than I had hoped for.

The husband just walked in the door. Can you imagine ever getting eaten by a river beaver? They have terrible teeth and I'm glad he was not nabbed into their clutches as he biked home. The greenbelt can be a dangerous place with all of that herbivorous fauna lurking in the shadows.

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear you're enjoying idaho - this only amps up my resolve to visit you someday soon. i'm also encouraged by the craft camraderie you're experiencing out there. i do miss our craft afternoons...

    ReplyDelete